Neck lift has been described as the answer to the common question; how can I deal with my saggy neck?. The main aim of this procedure is to tighten the skin to prevent physical aging. It also refers to the tightening of the neck as well as skin. When combined with other procedures like facelift, the youthful appearance can be restored. Irrespective of the amazing result that people receive when they choose to undergo a neck lift, it is important that they remember that it is still a surgical procedure that may or may not have adverse side effects as well as risks associated with it. Basically, the aim of this procedure is:
- To not just tighten but also remove any neck skin that happens to be sagging.
- To tighten your neck bands or your neck muscle.
- To remove certain unwanted and excess fat right under your chin and in your neck.
According to most people that have undergone this procedure, the goal is to create or recreate a jawline that has been well-defined and also the repositioning of the neck’s soft tissues into a more smoother and youthful contour. In simpler terms, it seeks to give you back the neck you once had while growing up. Neck lift has proven to be rewarding to those who have tried it out. It is capable of giving them their old look, making them more attractive and young.
Neck Lift Procedures That You Can Choose
Unknown to most people, there are tons of neck lift procedures that they can choose to get that youthful and attractive body they’ve always desired. These procedures include but are definitely not limited to these;
This has been referred to by most people as a non-surgical neck lift. Although it is not surgical, it has great benefits for those who decide to carry it out. It basically refers to a series of injections of about two to five of them that are administered months apart. The impact of this injection cannot be undermined. The injections are able to help lift the neck at the same time doing away with unwanted and excess neck fat.
This non-surgical form of neck lifting has been designed for those that have a considerable amount of neck fat and would not want to undergo surgery to have this fat removed. This neck lift procedure would definitely help them achieve their desired goal as it has been proven to be effective. Although it would take time.
Neck Liposuction Procedure
Neck liposuction is another form of neck lift that may be carried out to remove excess fat from the neck. This form of a neck lift is perfect for those with a perfect or impressive neck tone. Although this procedure is surgical, it is done with the help of local anesthesia to ensure that the patient does not feel pain during and after the procedure.
This procedure is often times performed by an incision that is made under the chin and behind the ear lobe. This is done to ensure that there are no scars after the procedure. This procedure could also involve the use of laser energy to tighten the skin. Reports have revealed that neck liposuction through the tumescent procedure produces far better results when it comes to neck tightening and fat removal.
The Traditional Neck Lift Procedure
This procedure basically makes use of three components to achieve its desired goal. These components are;
- Liposuction carried out on the neck to remove excess and unwanted fat found under the neck and chin
- The elimination of excess or loose skin through the process of re-draping towards the ear where incisions are made for a neck lift
- The tightening of the neck muscle and removal of fat by either suturing them or having them pulled back under your chin. As mentioned above the main aim of a neck lift is to reverse the effects of aging by removing the excess and unwanted fat located under the neck and chin. This would help create a more advanced and well-designed jawline.
Mini Neck Lift Procedure
It has been described as the scaled down version of the traditional neck lift. It is referred to as mini because the incision is quite smaller when compared to the traditional neck lift. Aside from the incision, the recovery time and also the overall process of this procedure is quicker. The cost of this neck lift is one of the main reasons why most patients have had to research as well as contemplate undergoing it. Those in their late forties and early fifties would find this procedure ideal. This procedure is quite simple and less complicated than the other procedures mentioned. It involves a small incision around the ear, meaning that nothing much is done to the muscles.
While this procedure has been termed simple, you will find it surprising to know that it is capable of removing excess fat under the neck and chin. With this procedure, invasiveness is done away with. Also, in less than an hour, this procedure is capable of giving you back almost ten years of your previous life by making you look more attractive and youthful.
Suspension Neck Lift Procedure
This procedure involves the use of a suture to have the neck lifted by creating a hammock of suture right in the neck. The recovery process is faster and can be done under local anesthesia. Interestingly, new techniques have been developed, some of them having to do with the creation of Incision under the chin and behind the ear lobe.
Chin Implant Procedure
This is another fine procedure that is capable of removing excess neck fat. It involves the process of having to pull the neck of the skin out. This procedure often times is used in combination with a variety of neck lift procedures that would help the neck chin have a sharper and well-defined angle.
What You Need To Expect From Neck Lift Procedures
Right before you undergo any of the procedures mentioned above, the surgeon would have to carefully evaluate your health condition as well as discuss your expectations and needs. After taking into consideration these factors, it is the duty of the surgeon or doctor to pick from any of the procedures mentioned above. This is done to ensure that only the best and most suitable one is chosen for your condition. If after careful evaluation it is discovered that only one procedure cannot do the job, additional procedures could be suggested. This is done to ensure that you get the best results.
To see if the procedure worked, the surgeon could decide to have pictures of your face taken. This is so that they can be compared right after the procedure has been carried out. While we have discussed what needs to happen before the procedure is carried out, we will take a look at what to expect during the procedure.
Before getting started, it is advised that you carefully remember that neck lift cannot be carried out without local or general anesthesia. This is to ensure that your body feels numb as you undergo the process. After careful evaluation as mentioned earlier, the surgeon would have to discuss the type of procedure that would help you reach your desired goal. The options they could choose from include;
- Cervicoplasty; this procedure would have the surgeon make tiny incision often times around the ear and beneath the chin. This is done to tighten the muscles underneath the chin and around the ear. In less than three hours, this procedure can be completed. Interestingly, this procedure has been recommended or made ideal for those that happen to be overweight.
- Liposuction; this procedure would have the surgeon make a small incision under the chin and behind the ear. Tons of specialized pieces of equipment are used to carry out this procedure. In less than two hours, this procedure is completed. The result to expect when you undergo this procedure is a resilient and more defined neck area.
- Submentoplasty; for this procedure, the surgeon would have to make a small incision right at the curve of the neck, thus, tightening the muscles. On rare occasions, liposuction may also be used to make this procedure more defined. This procedure is recommended for those that are close to their normal body weight as well as those that have a moderate amount of fat and skin. One of the main advantages of this procedure is that it takes only about 45 minutes to carry out.
Once these surgeons after evaluating your skin condition have found one that suits you, the next step would be to carry out the procedure. Once it is completed, the patient gets to receive a follow-up care routine that will help them heal in a short time. Occasionally, after neck lifting, patients may experience slight swelling and bruises. This is why it is advised that you follow closely the care routine that would be suggested by the surgeon after the procedure. Often times, a compression garment is advised to help heal as well as reduce swelling and bruises. Depending on the condition of the patient, the type of procedure that was carried out and other factors, patients may be made to wear the compression garment for up to four weeks after the procedure has been completed. While you may continue to wear the compression garment, you may return to work after two weeks of the procedure.
Who Is The Ideal Candidate For Neck Lift?
This is one of the most asked questions. Most people are not sure if they really need to undergo this procedure or not. While we cannot tell you that you need to undergo this procedure or not, there are certain signs that could tell you to consider it. These signs are;
- Individuals with elastic skin have been named the most ideal candidates for this procedure.
- Those that have realistic and feasible expectations of this procedure. While most people would want this procedure to change them completely, this is not what it does. It seeks to tighten the muscles between the chin and neck to make the neck firmer and tighter.
- Individuals that have elastic skin that is elastic enough to accommodate stretching.
While most people would love to undergo this procedure, the ideal candidates happen to be those between the ages of 40 to 80 years. These individuals would want to correct these;
- Wind or sun damaged neck
- A loose or slacked neck
- Excess and unwanted fat under the chin
- Excess neck skin
- Unwanted fat under the chin
To ensure that you are in good shape for this procedure, there are certain things that you have to do. First, you need to quit smoking for about six weeks before the procedure is to be carried out. You need to avoid the intake of certain inflammatory drugs as well as herbal medication that may cause increased bleeding. Irrespective of the type of procedure that is recommended for your condition, it is important that you stay dehydrated right before you go for surgery and once it has been completed.
Are The Results Permanent?
Depending on the patient, the result of this procedure can be permanent as long as the patient follows through with the care routine suggested by the surgeon. A couple of months after this procedure has been carried out, patients may still experience bruising and swelling. One of the main care routines that patients would have to adhere to would be to protect their skin from the sun.
Neck Lift Risk Involved
Like most of the other body enhancement and improvement procedures, there are certain risks of undergoing this procedure. The surgeon would discuss some of the risk associated with each procedure that may be recommended to you. Some of the general risks and complications to have in mind include;
- You may experience an adverse reaction to local and general anesthesia
- You may experience a great loss of blood and often times get infected
- Allergic reactions
- During the process, certain underlying parts of the body may be damaged
- Some of the times, patients may have results that are far from what they expect. This would mean that they get to undergo additional procedures.